For your final discussion about the book, please select an excerpt from the text that jumps off the page. Why? Beautiful writing? Does it reveal a theme? Does it connect to your work with Greg? Write the quote and explain...try to dig deep and discern.
After you finish chapter 4, please pull an "essential" line or two from the chapters you have read and explain why you think this is interesting or essential. Maybe it's a connection to social studies or your own life, maybe it's just some beautiful writing.
Over the long weekend, interview someone who has lived in another country about their experience voting or what they know about voting in that country. Summarize the results by writing your own post here- just a paragraph! Try to comment on ONE of your classmates' posts before class. Some potential questions you came up with today:
· What age can you vote?
· Are there any gender restrictions? Are there separate poling places?
· How do you physically vote- what are the machines like? Are there machines or ballots? (What are the protocols for voting)
· Where are the voting centers? How many are or were there?
· What are your thoughts about voting there? How did or does it feel to vote?
· What was your first experience voting like?